Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Making Small Changes is Paying Off!

I made just a few changes to my diet and its paying off. I already feel better about my food choices I've been making the past 2 days. 


I'm not looking for a quick weight loss, or doing a fad diet. I'm just eating healthy and making sensible choices. I fell back into some bad food habits but am making small changes in my diet to be more mindful of what I'm putting into my mouth and how many calories I'm consuming. While I've always written down what I ate, I don't stick to a low calorie diet. I always figure that I run enough miles to compensate for eating junk. Well, it does catch up with you and soon I am not running enough to cover the calories I ate. 
What I ate Tuesday:
Breakfast is split up into two parts. 1. Slice of bread with PB while I stretch and  Part 2. After I workout, because I've read eating protein within 30 minutes after working out build muscle and keeps you full. (300 calories)
Lunch: I allow up to 500 calories: I didn't feel super hungry and I love this low calorie veggie soup. The broth fills you up. I eat both servings because I'm not child size! 180 calories. 
Usually around 2 or 3pm I'm hungry for a snack. I just want to eat and not think.. Popcorn is a great choice. Super low in calories, fiber to fill me up and I can eat a ton. 6 cups about ~200 calories. 

We eat dinner around 5:30pm to 6. I picked up pork chops, potatoes and a salad. 
I make my own dressing so I know exactly what ingredients go into it.. All I can pronounce! Using a lot less blue cheese and a few pecans. I'm not positive how many calories this salad adds up to be, so I estimate it at 250 calories. 

Sweet potatoes cooked in the microwave are so good and quick to make. I pass on the white potatoes and go for a healthy choice so no added salt or butter needed on these potatoes! They are around 115 calories. I don't have a photo of the thin sliced center cut pork chop but my estimates are around 4oz 165 calories. 
Celina and I have been going to the gym at night to run and lift weights. I need a little after dinner snack too after all that extra exercise. I have a 7pm late night snack which I also didn't take a photo of my Greek Lite Yogurt at 80 calories with a cup of Frozen Raspberries. I'm guessing its around 150 calories with the added berries? 


No comments:

Post a Comment