Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Just a little ice to go with your run.

Our first icicles! Ice on the roads and a light dusting of snow. That's pretty much how my run went this morning.. Oh and the sun came out! 

It was really nice to see blue sky and the sun. We've had a few cloudy days, so I'll take all the sun shine I can get! That doesn't mean its a warm up.. 19*F
I'm still running outside 4.15 miles once my butt feels extra frozen its time to come in and get out of the cold. I even wore 2 pairs of leggings. I think a butt warmer needs to be invented. Or I might resort to using those heated hand warmers on my butt cheeks! 
I got to use my Yak Trax for the 3rd time this morning. We had a light dusting of fresh snow on the roads and of course, ice under that. I really love the traction when running. 
I'm starting to like winter running. It really does remind me of why I love cross country skiing. 
I really need to get my ski's down.. there might be enough snow to make my own ski trail?? 
I'm keeping track of my average pace. These are all easy running. I'm not working on speed, just distance of 3 to 4 miles and mostly just getting out to run a few winter miles. I'll finish the 2 miles in the warm gym on the cross ramp later on today. 
It will be my 3rd day in a row lifting weights. Just taking it easy and not over doing it. Mostly I work on my abs with some lighter weights for my arms and legs. I didn't want to be overly sore for soccer last night. 
I got to try playing defense in soccer. I still got to do a lot of sprinting. It was fun to try another position other then mid. I just would rather play mid and I did get to play that position too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment