Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Three things you must try and some other random things.

Here are three things I just discovered that you must try! 

1. Popping popcorn in a brown paper bag in the microwave. Just as good as the pre-packed microwave popcorn with out all that bad stuff. I made two batches, used 1/3 cup Orville's un-popped kernels. The first batch was without coating the corn in oil, 2nd batch I lightly coated the kernels in butter then popped. Either way works fine. You just need to watch the corn so you don't over cook it and burn the batch. 
2. Baking with Greek yogurt in place of oil or butter. I made this Cranberry Orange Bread yesterday.

 Steve said it was my best quick bread. I still think my banana bread is the best, but this is defiantly 2nd. 

It was super easy to make since it was add everything and hand stir. To speed up the baking process I used three small loaf pans and cooked them for half the time. I think an orange glaze drizzled on top would make it that much better! 

  A Red Cow onion Burger with homemade cut potato chips and onion rings. Steve and I always share our food to not over eat. The burger was huge and I'm glad we share. I didn't take a photo of the wings we split but I had three of their buffalo wings.. also very delicious. 
I didn't stick to my 1500 calories yesterday due to going out to eat. I did do a few things to still cut back. 1. I drank water, no wine or other calorie drink. 2. We shared our food, and I only ate half of everything instead of a whole meal. 3. I don't eat the skin on the wings where all the fat is. 4. I just add ketchup no mayo on my burger. What I probably didn't need was the three fried onion rings. Oh well, you have to live a little. 
My jeans are fitting a lot looser around the waist. I weighted myself yesterday even though I said I would wait. I still have 10 pounds to lose but at least its no more then 10. Considering that I hardly weight myself this is a good thing its only 10 pounds and not more. 
Due to our warm up, in the 40's this morning. We are losing snow at a fast rate. I'll be able to run outside for a second day in a row this morning. We are back on Monday to a deep freeze so not sure if I'll be stuck in the gym again all next week?? I won't be running on Monday or Tuesday as my work day is CRAZY busy, Wednesday I have a soccer game, speed work and I usually run just a few miles to save up for my speed running during the game. Thursday is Turkey day. I might do a virtual 6 mile turkey trot run. Friday is shopping day, which will also be a back to running and of course will run over the weekend on Saturday and Sunday. Then its back to my normal M-Sunday running. 

No comments:

Post a Comment