Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, November 22, 2014

It's working.. I'm getting faster!

I can finally see that my weekly speed workouts playing soccer is making me a faster runner. 
My average pace was at 9 minutes and 27 seconds for 6.15 miles. About a 15 second per mile faster pace. That's a nice improvement! It's also due to running in the snow/ice and having that as some resistance. It sure made running harder but that translates into faster times over all. I don't expect every run to keep getting faster or stay at a 9 minute pace but it felt good today to have made progress. 
It was a bit warmer out this morning. In the 30's and not feeling like below zero temps. I warmed up pretty quickly and liked the instant cool down after my run. 
I decided to listen to music during my run, which I don't often do. The radio kept cutting out so I used that time to do some speed work, I'd run fast until the radio signal came back on. 
Day 6 of my 1500 calories. I went over by 200 calorie yesterday because Chinese food sounded really good. I had white rice with veggies and chicken. I skipped the egg roll. Lunch I stuck to all healthy veggies, Salad and 1/2 a sweet potato. I was too full to eat the other half of my potato. 
My nightly snack. I replaced having a bowl of ice cream with some low fat 80 - 100 calorie Greek Yogurt and add frozen raspberries. It's the best desert! I usually have an afternoon 2pm snack of microwave popcorn for 200 calories and stick to my PB wheat bread for breakfast. I like to keep it dumb simple and healthy as possible. The Chinese food wasn't the best choice for dinner but it was Friday night and its okay to add a little extra calories. Today is a new day. I can limit myself to 1500 or fudge a little tonight too. I have Monday - Thursday to concentrate on sticking to 1500 calories. 4 days a week diet sounds like something I can stick to over the long term to drop 10 pounds slowly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment