Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Snow day.. Not sure if I'm running or x-skiing or both? So very undecided!!!

I've got to make a decision.. Do I run or do I ski or could I do both? 
I was really stalling on my morning workout. Running is a tough sport. There is no one telling me to get out there and run. It's up to me and only me to head out the door to run. It would be very easy to stay in the warm house and not have to work so hard running. I had one of those mornings I wanted to just say inside on the couch. Even taking yesterday off a 100% rest day with zero planks, squats, bridges, twists or lunges and definitely no running, just lots of walking and standing while shopping on Black Friday. 
My running trail was snow covered and very slow going. It gave me a whole new workout just to push though the snow. You have to forget pace in snow. It's just going to be a lot slower. I concentrate more on effort and time I'm running. I was going for 60 minutes but stopped 5 minutes short. My toes were starting to feel like they could get blisters from the friction. I doubled up on the socks, combine that with the snow and I could feel my toes hurting with the rubbing. I'm probably running more on my toes then mid foot to push off and get in the next step. 
Once I was running and didn't care about my pace. I just looked around and enjoyed the winter day. It wasn't too cold out 20's and  not too windy. Plus, there are still birds hanging out and they all looked happy. I'm out running and doing something with my time. 
It felt good to be done running. Maybe later on I'll want to cross country ski? I'm still so very undecided but at least I didn't give myself the chance to decide if I should run. I just did it and got it done! 





No comments:

Post a Comment