Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, November 24, 2014

The Perfect November Day to Run.

Looking out the window Sunday Morning... and what do I see? No more snow! We had a warm up and all the snow melted. It's back today with a light covering of snow. We woke to 40 - 50 degree temperatures on Sunday and it was a perfect November day to go for a run. 

Happy Feet, that's all I can say when it's a day to run outdoors! 

Because it was warm and there was no ice or snow to worry about on the path, I got to run the big loop around the neighborhood. No need to stick super close to home. It was a foggy morning and the fog coming off the lake in the back was thick. My photos don't do the fog justice!
I had to stop to take a few photos and then realized my GPS was never set to start. I really did run 6 miles and no more! 

My feet start to get sore so I'm guessing they are telling me its time for a new pair of running shoes with more cush!


It was really warm out and I had to shed every layer, even my arm warmers after mile 2.. 
Celina wanted to go to the gym to run and lift weights. No time to rest and it was off to the gym. I was done running so I opted to bike while Celina ran 2 miles. I was able to bike 6 miles, with random hill but at an easy level 5. Nothing too strenuous! 
We lifted weights for 40 minutes and my abs are a little sore today. I was hoping since I spent more time on my arms I'd feel sore but nope only my abs of all things! 
 Kendra stopped over in the afternoon and the three of us went for a walk around the lake looking for birch tree so she could make some candle holders. It was a little muddy but a nice walk and it felt good to be outside. 
 Sunday was our family dinner night. I wanted to make some lettuce wraps. Because Kendra does not eat meat we kept the veggies and Chicken/Steak separate. Steve also roasted broccoli with olive oil and garlic in the oven. A delicious semi healthy meal. Then I had to have one of my chocolate & Peanut butter chip cookie bars topped with some caramel-chocolate chunk praline ice cream. Totally worth the diet cheat! I still managed to stay at 1700 calories for the day and had all that exercise to burn off the extra 200+ calories. 
In all my first week of dieting, 1500 calories was successful. I feel good about wanting to continue this week, even on a holiday- big eating day. Most of the meals I was able to give myself a smiley face for making good food choices and sticking to my calorie allotment for that meal. I had a few slip ups at the end of the week on the weekend but in all.. I'm pretty happy with my progress and diet plan. I don't have to be "good" with my diet all the time. This is a slow and steady plan to get me to make better food choices and slowly lose 10 pounds. I'm trying to re-learn how to eliminate the junk from my diet and crave the good stuff. Of course, I'm all about moderation and will still enjoy cookies, cakes and ice cream but just not every day. Once or twice a week is more then enough. Making small changes today will benefit me tomorrow and the rest of my life. 
Now to get through the next three days of a very busy work schedule. I'm grateful that Steve took the week off of his work schedule to help me. We work great together and I really enjoy his company working together. Which reminds me.. I'll be doing a "I'm Grateful for "... on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment