Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, June 8, 2014

You are my sunshine!

No one but Steve would bike along slowly while I run 7 miles.. he just makes me happy...  
This beautiful Sunday morning I asked if he wanted to go get some coffee.. That's a sure way he will say YES! 
I'm no spring chicken any more.. and a weird thing happened. Steve was waiting in line for coffee while I walked up to the help yourself water.. A guy was standing there that just filled his water bottle, turned around gave me the look up and down and proceeded to whistle twice at me.. wEiRd.. made me very uncomfortable since I was like 3 feet away. I did my best to pretend I never heard anything and quickly got my water and walked away. I think this is far more uncomfortable then the honks I get from truckers and various cars when I run along side busy roads. Scares the crap out of me some days since I'm never expecting it. 
We were being thoughtful parents and picked up donuts for the kids. They wanted old fashion dounts so we waited and they just came out and were piping hot. 

I have a weakness for all things cinnamon, caramel and gooey delicious and had pecans to make them somewhat healthy... ha! 
My legs were a little stiff after sitting for 30 minutes while Steve finished his coffee. It's not the easiest to start running again so I took it slow at first. 
I'm impressed with my mile times today. Only two slow 10 minute miles, but 5 of those miles were at a 9 something minute pace. Average pace was a 9:43 minute mile! I do know at some point I'm going to have to run at race pace to get faster. 
Steve doesn't get a workout biking slowly but he likes two rest days on the weekend and I'm always happy he rides along and keeps me company on my miles of running... 
Time to put my feet up, tally up my miles for the week and then work on our yard. We have a lot to do... 

Weekly totals
7 days of working out
Total Running miles = 42 
Total Cross Ramp = 3
 Total Bike = 15 minutes
Total minutes planks = 14
7 days of squats, lunges, Super man and push ups
6 days of Strength training & abs 




No comments:

Post a Comment