Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Where is that home stretch?

I can't lie.. I didn't love my running this morning. It was hard.. really hard and I have no idea of why? 
I ran so slow.. 11+ minute miles and they were hard. I was never so happy to get into our neighborhood.. and run the home stretch. 
All I can say about this run, is that I finished almost 7 miles. Doesn't even matter how slow. I could have easily gotten a ride home from the gym and given up. I didn't quit. I kept going when it felt hard to run. I have to remind myself.. I will have easy days, faster days and slower days. This was a slow hard day.. and tomorrow I start fresh once again. 
I have been doing more Strength training. My arms and abs felt a little sore and stiff today. I need this to get stronger and more tone. It's taking a bit of a toll on my love of running but there is always a give and take. Right now.. I have to just keep plugging away. This happens to be my favorite ab exercise. 

Did I mention I'm now able to do a 2 minute and 15 second bent arm plank? Followed by a short rest and then a 2 minute straight arm plank? I've increased my time by just 15 seconds.. and can do the next set a lot quicker with less rest. 
Missing my little cutie today.. We had a great Monday together. Even Uncle Logan wanted to play with Evan. He must have thought Logan was pretty funny. Logan had Evan laughing really hard playing peek-a-boo. 
Did you know babies love cell phones and they can take selfies too. 

How is your summer running going? Love being outside.. its just hard to get back to were I left off last fall. 

Are you doing any races in June? Nothing planned. 

What are you training for? Distance running.. at the moment

No comments:

Post a Comment