Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, June 15, 2014

I took Two Rest Days.. Amazing!!!

I took two rest days and I do not feel amazing. It is however amazing that I did zero exercise on Saturday. I've been feeling blah about working out., feeling drained and zero energy for anything other then just sitting on the couch. 

I had 2 perfect excuses to not run for two days in a row.
1) worked too early Friday (I counted that as exercise) and thought I was going to bike or run later on in the day. (never happened)
2) Soccer for Logan was way too early to run or workout on Saturday. (bad weather prevented me from running later on)

We got a boat load of rain on Saturday and now Sunday's Soccer tournament is canceled for today. Logan is #3 in Black. 
My rest days didn't make me feel very refreshed as I was hoping it would. I was kind of dreading doing anything.. I had thoughts of skipping one more day. Maybe I do need more rest?  Because I don't want to gain weight.. it was off to the gym to have an inside workout. I heard thunder this morning and my only option was to go to the gym. I gave myself permission to just take it easy. Something is better then nothing, right?  I biked and read three magazines for 30 minutes or 8 miles. I even worked up a sweat on the stationary bike. 

After 30 minutes on the stationary bike, it was over to the Elliptical for anther 33 minutes or 3 miles total while I watched "Say Yes, to the dress" on TLC. It kept me distracted and the time went by quickly. Spent the last 20 minutes at the gym lifting weights, abs, triceps, shoulders and legs. I pretty much always do a full body workout unless I only have 5 minutes then I do abs/core. 
I came home at the perfect time. Steve cooked breakfast for Father's day, hash browns and bacon. I finished my last slice of wheat with PB and a banana too. Delicious breakfast but I am still thinking pancakes or a waffle would have been extra good. Maybe even a scrambled egg.. I'm too lazy to cook so that won't be happening.
I have to share this track photo. The soccer fields had this nice running track circling the area. Made me want to run it just for fun but I had on the wrong shoes. I do need to find a track and do a little flat and fast running this summer. I'd love to work on a faster mile time. The craze seems to be High intensity workouts, followed by easy. I mainly work on distance and not a lot on speed. It's hard enough just going for time.. miles and miles of running at a slow pace. I do need to just find time to run a few speedy miles. I'll take the kids and make it a fun run.. workout. Maybe run it at night with glow sticks, necklaces? 
My father has been gone for 10 years. I miss him.. miss him calling all the time to ask how I am. 
He traveled a lot for work. I love his photo of him fishing.. I just like to think he's on a long fishing trip. Something I know he loved to do.. Happy Father's Day.. Dad! 
My Aunt posted this photo of my grandpa. I don't have a lot of photos of him and hoping to get more.. 



No comments:

Post a Comment