Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, June 29, 2014

I Have way too much to share

Its the honest truth, I do have too much to share while I've been MIA. I have a very good reason and it's called VACATION at Gull Lake in Brainard Minnesota to be exact! It was a wonderful 4 days hang out at a friends cabin. 
We arrived Thursday afternoon at the cabin. I'll leave it mostly to photos to tell the weekend story.. 
Logan and Celina caught a lot of small mouth bass and sunnies, but not big enough to keep. 
We ate out a few times.. dock side.. 

We made some really good tenderloin steak sandwiches for lunch. 
We took turns cruising the lake on the jet ski. The kids and Steve went for tube rides. The water was a bit too chilly for me and I'm not crazy about being bounced around in that tube. 
I never did get in to swim, but did stand in the water for a bit waist deep. 

Lazy cabin days... 


All the meal we ate were so good. Beef tenderloin grilled, baby fingerling potatoes, garlic bread, salad and garlic/butter Brussels sprouts. We let the guys do all the cooking. Which is a great plan because I don't grill or cook.  

Of course I have tons more photos that I'll be adding to our Nelson family 2014 blog.. There are just too many to add here. 
 I wasn't completely lazy the last 4 days. I managed to do planks every day, and run a few miles  every morning. 
The kids ran with me one day. It was 2.3 miles round trip of running. Friday, I ran it two times to get in almost 5 miles at a nice slow pace. Steve biked and the kids ran the first 2.3 miles and then I was on my own for the 2nd lap.. It's really a great way to start a morning and I can't feel 100% lazy about my day. 

Lastly, the most exciting thing I did this weekend? A 5K race while on vacation!!! My first race of 2014! That's a whole other post.. 


No comments:

Post a Comment