Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, June 14, 2014

A lesson to learn, the hard way.

This was my Biggest lesson  and I had to learn the hard way. It is funny looking back to knowing Zero about running, a true newbie I trained in these and ran two races a 3 and 4 mile race. I found out in the four miler why you don't run in shoes with out laces, that slip on and have no backs.  
I trained in these shoes and being a newbie at least I knew to start off running a slow mile and then slowly increased my miles to three before my first race. I trained for about a month and I'm not really sure why I didn't figure out while training that I needed real running shoes. I decided to do a four mile race about a month later and now I knew why you need real running shoes! Those slip on shoes, slipped on and off during that race. I didn't think I was going to make it that last mile. My feet were being rubbed raw from my shoe slipping around on my feet. Very, very painful. Lesson learned the hard way! 

I didn't know you need shoes bigger then your feet. Women always want to squeeze into sizes too small. My running shoe is a 9-1/2, but I thought my feet were a size 8.. black toe nails convinced me I needed more room and a larger running shoes.. Back to the store and finally a real running shoe. It only took me a year to figure this all out. I know.. slow running learner.
 I have my favorite running shoes and I am having a hard time parting with any of them. This might be another lesson to learn on why you need new running shoes every 500 miles. I'll have to learn the hard way because that's just what I do. I need to experience the Aha.. moment of why you need to listen to people who have been running for years. I still feel like a newbie that is until I think I have it all figured out. Which will probably be always a learning experience. 
The best dinner and I had to control myself to eat just one quesadillia. 

 The kids love making fresh salsa. They cut up all the veggies and added more spice to make it a little hot. 
 I made some toll house chocolate chip cookies last night for a neighborhood bonfire get together. The raw dough is always better then the cookie. I need to try making the cookie dough dip that doesn't contain raw eggs. 

I didn't take any photos at the bonfire. I really need to get better at taking photos when we are out. I kind of forget and would rather be in the moment then just spending my time taking photos of it and not being full present. One photo is probably all I need to not miss out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment