Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, June 30, 2014

MUD

This is what off road mountain biking is about..getting a little dirty in the mud. This is what happens when you bike down a dirt road that's closed to traffic. 

It was one of those perfect biking weather days, around 66*F and sunny with a light breeze. 

Steve and I took our normal part dirt road, part pavement.. Its a smaller loop since we had less time this morning. Finished in 47 minutes 10.90 miles. 

I had to hose off the bikes when we got home. We were covered in mud and so were the bikes. It was still a lot of fun and I'd do it again even through mud!
This weekend, I met a woman that does a lot of mountain bike races. She wants more women to get into the sport and asked if I ever wanted to ride, give her a call. She loves company riding even if I'll be a lot slower. She even offered to show me how to jump over obstacles (logs, rocks, wood planks) on the path. How cool would that be! No more getting off the bike, or riding around it.. and mostly not falling off my bike. Maybe now that I know some other woman doing mountain bike racing I'll try that some day? You just never know.. ??? 


No comments:

Post a Comment