Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Bear run.. not a Bare Nake Run...

I run on a pretty wooded road.. there are actually a lot of thick  woods right next to me when I run. Eagan had a black Bear sighting just down the road from where I run every day and it was headed East in my direction.  I even looked around for that bear.. You just never know and I didn't want a bear sneaking up on me. 
I completely forgot to plug in my Ipod last night so I had zero power. Listening to the sounds around me instead of zoning out listening to music was probably a smart thing to do with a Bear in the neighborhood.  I also didn't charge up my Garmin but I had my back up, which just tells me how many minutes I ran and my heart rate. Less pressure to try and run faster I just kept note of how hard my heart was working.. 
We cut up a pineapple last night and it was delicious. I know better then to eat too much and tried to control myself. I wanted to eat the whole plate, but I knew better and like having my taste buds. 
I came in the house and smelled cinnamon and maple.. Steve made french toast and I could not resist! I have a busy work day where I'll be moving around like crazy working up a sweat and burning lots of extra calories. I'm not worried about sticking to the diet plan for the moment. It's a give and take thing.. I'm not being to hard on myself and I allow me to live a little too. I still have two other meals (lunch and dinner) to eat healthy and nutritious. 

I've been feeling a little blah about my weight and wanting to be more tone and thinner. I hadn't stepped on the scale for months but I keep working out and exercising each day. After running today, I looked down at the scale and stepped on.. I was kind of shocked to see no change. Still 3 pounds heavier then I want to be but in all I didn't gain any weight. Just remained the same. I do need to lower that number but just by 13 pounds! At least I know where I'm at and where I need to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment