Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Almost Race Time...

In 2 days I'll be running my first race of the year. It's a 5k with a flat easy course. Yes, I checked out Google maps and looked at the terrain. They give age awards to 3rd place and I think I might have a chance at getting one. Of course that also depends on who shows up the day of the race. I did check last years results and compared my fastest race times from last year and the year before plus my training miles from yesterday running 3.5 miles faster. I need to get 22 minutes for the 3.1 miles.. that's pretty fast and I haven't exactly been training to run 7 minute miles. I'll be happy with 7:30 minute miles or a time of 22.30 Which I could take any place at that time... right? Its going to hurt! 
I'll be wearing this hat.. and maybe listening to music but I really don't think I'll need it. 
Today is suppose to be my biking day, but I wanted to get in a quick 4 miles one last time before Saturday's race. I tried to run each mile faster. It was a comfortable pace the whole time, but I was pushing myself a bit which is good. 
My heart rate maxed at 159 from the sprint to the mail boxes. I always try to sprint at the end to get use to doing that for races. 

I'm really hoping this flat course will give me a record time. Even if I don't place, I want to beat my old fastest time of 24:26 back in the spring of 2012. That was a hilly race and all uphill at the beginning and end. Can I shave off 2 whole minutes? I think I can... I really hope I can.. I'm going to give it all I can... 




No comments:

Post a Comment