Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, June 16, 2014

3 things I must share, strawberries... running and fried turkey

I was in the baking mood and what better to make then strawberry cake with butter cream frosting, topped with a chocolate covered strawberry. 
These cupcakes are so simple to make. I kind of felt guilty using a box cake.. naa... It turned out light, moist and delicious. Looks fancy but really easy to make. I bet cream cheese frosting would have been that much better. 

I'm not sure why I don't always dip my strawberries in chocolate?
Steve really wanted to try frying a turkey for Father's day. Who am I to say, "You can't do that to turkey?" It's one of those meals, that has to be cooked outside. 

Half of the turkey was fried and the other half grilled.


After a taste test and a quick debate, we determined the fried to be the best ever turkey! I thought the grilled turkey was delicious too.
Everyone served themselves
 Father's Day family dinner
Tim, and Steve with their Papa. I tried to get our kids to take a photo with Steve but they weren't ready for a picture so early in the morning. Maybe today later on?
Paul's first Father's day.. 
Paige was watching and had to get up high to see what was going on. 
Evan knows as soon as I have my cell phone out to take a photo.. he smiles and says "hi". Smart baby!!! I got him a toy cell phone but he knows its not the same thing and would rather get his hands on mine. 
It's been a while since DC where I was able to push Evan's stroller all over the city. He was getting tired and I know he would fall asleep fast with a quick stroller walk around the block.
He had better ideas  and that didn't work. He's almost 6 months old and is definitely more active. Rolling all over the place. Another bottle and he is out.. I'm finally able to catch up on my blog and maybe even shower for the day? Babies are a lot of work and it's way more fun playing all day then to do other things like clean the house or shower. 
This afternoon I'm taking the kids with Evan to the park. Celina and Logan can do a little tennis and soccer, while Evan and I take a walk. Should be a really nice day.. sunny blue sky!

The 3rd thing I must share was all about my run this morning. I got up bright and early and took my time stretching, did some planks 2 minutes and 30 seconds!! A new record time. After an hour I finally started off to run. I kind of like taking my time to wake up before running. This way I'm enjoying my morning and slowly getting going.. 
I have zero complaints about running this morning. Easy almost 7 miles to the gym and home. I felt a little better having taken 2 days off from running outside. I pushed myself a little to run at a 9+ minute mile pace for a few miles. I've also been running without music. It's nice just listening to the wind, birds and cars, just listening to my thoughts and being in the moment. 
I look like some weird upside down alien in this photo. 
I might not love the beginning of every run.. but I sure like the sweat after the run and the feeling of accomplishment. 
How was your father's day? 

Have you ever tried fried turkey? 

Cream Cheese or Butter Cream.. which do you like better? 



No comments:

Post a Comment