Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Following my heart ..

I tried something new today with my running miles. I had my Garmin set to only heart rate. my goal was to stay above 130 the entire run and try and push myself a bit. I didn't pay attention to speed for the first 3 miles. The last 3.. almost 4 miles I ran a slower, cool down pace because it was after my 30 minutes of Strength training. 
Before I had a GPS watch, I use to only run according to my heart rate and over all time. I never knew my mile times. I think both can be useful to know your heart rate and pace. I just like to do what ever 80% of the time. Now that I only run every other day. I'm trying to make the most out of my fresh legs. 
I finally ran three 8 minute and something miles.. out of almost 7 miles of running. #4 mile was a warm up, after lifting weights. I decided to do legs and they felt a little tired, either from the weights or running a bit faster the first 3 miles? Nice and easy on the run home from the gym... Not a bad day of running! That's definitely more like it for speed! 
I treated myself and Celina to a Luxury pedicure yesterday afternoon. They just massage your legs and rub salt/oil all over your legs for the "luxury". She also pounded with her fists on my calves. It kind of hurt.. I have very ticklish toes and feet, it just makes me tense and doesn't feel very relaxing. I had so many callused areas on my feet, just glad I got that all smoothed out for the summer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment