Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, June 12, 2014

It's Turtle time.. run around..

I had a hard decision to make this morning. Run and try out my new shoes, socks and hat or bike? 
Running won! I prefer to run any given day then do to anything else. Plus, I have new running shoes, socks and hat to try. Why wouldn't I run as soon as I could? 
The new socks felt great on and stayed put. No slipping around and my feet felt great. No sock issues! Which is always a plus. 

Brooks, Glycerin 11... Similar to the 10's, only blue instead of all pink. I'm kind of over having only pink running shoes to wear. My feet felt great and didn't feel like I had to break in them to fit my foot. 
The new Nike one size fits all..visor. It didn't fit all. My head is smaller then an adult by the one size fits all. "fit". It was too big and the Velcro strap runs out of Velcro to tighten it up. I had to pull it way down by my eyes and a few times I thought it would fly off my head from the wind. I did like the extra curve of the visor to block the sun. Next time I'll just shop for a kids size hat. 
Look what I ran into on my way to the gym. He was just slowly crawling towards me so I quickly ran into the grass to avoid jumping over him. 
A beautiful morning.. but I'm not done just yet. I've been having tough running lately. This morning I decided to try something new.. I slept in an extra 30 minutes. I also did a taste test. I tried eating one honey stinger before running.. and one at the gym to run the last 3.5 miles home. I was hoping this would give me the extra energy I needed to keep me going and not feel like I was dying. 
The honey stingers don't go down as well as a gummy. It seems to expand in your mouth and I definitely need water after chewing up one of these chews. I wouldn't say they taste awful, but its not like eating candy either.. I think it did help a bit but then again. I think I just need a full slice of whole grain bread with PB instead of a 1/4 a slice. Getting up later and feeling more hungry.. I need more to keep going.. and not crash and burn. 
My running mile times this morning were not significantly better. Considering the fact I could really use a running break. They were still all in the 10 minute mile range with out trying hard. I like that. Plus, no knee pain. 
I'm still stuck with 10 extra pounds on my body that I need to shed. Steve said he lost weight without even trying. Just is eating a little less. Men.. they just need to think about losing and they lose it without much effort. It's time to stop making excuses or putting off what I want to do. I start a good plan and then get side tracked and go off. I need to put on my big girl pants and just do it. I know it will help make me feel better. If you've ever carried a 10 pound weight around.. then you know it's going to slow you down.

Drop 10 plan of action.. post in photos what I eat.. with the times. 
  1. Stop sitting on the couch all afternoon/evening
  2. Eat more veggies
  3. Stop eating ice cream 
  4. Make good food choices all day long 
  5. Eat less!!!!

____________________________________________________________________________

What plans work for you to drop 10 pounds? 

Do you ever take photos of what you eat? 

What other running fuel do you like and why? 


No comments:

Post a Comment