Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Can I do it all?

I would like to fit in everything, but it's not always possible. 
My plan for this Sunday was to bike up to the gym and do my full body workout with weights. My goal is to tone up my arms and back while still working on my abs.  I got my arms nice last summer and then stopped working them out and concentrated more on my abs. All my arm tone was lost. Starting over but not giving up on my abs. It all requires more time and effort every day! 
I bought yet another 2 pairs of socks for working out. These are my favorites and I can get 2 pairs for $9. I wear them only for working out. I wore them on my 7.12 mile bike ride up to the gym and home this morning. 
It's perfectly normal to have bikes parked inside your house. We kind of baby this road bike. Even the kids bikes we bring inside. Sometimes its easier then to hang them back up in the garage. Always ready to ride if they are right there in front of you. 
After doing my 30 minutes of a full body workout and biking home. Steve and I decided to go to the Farmers Market. It's been since last summer and we want to make some stir fry tonight. 

The market had a lot of flowers, herbs in pots, onions and radishes etc.. 
 We picked up some lettuce, sugar pea pods, kettle corn (I could eat the whole bag) and then went to the grocery store to pick up the rest of the veggies to make our dinner tonight. 
The best part of going to the farmer Market is the little restaurant next door. They have the best, fresh breakfast that we eat out in the alley way. We just have to cut through Mears Park to get to this place. 
We always split this big breakfast. Usually we have an omelet but today I wanted scrambled eggs. Not sure why I don't eat eggs more often, they taste so good. 
Delicious pancakes.. I was so hungry this morning I could have ate the whole breakfast myself. 

A quick walk back through the park to our car. We saw a bunch of people doing yoga in this park.. would have been a good idea if we came with our mats. It's been ages since I last did a gentle yoga class. I do a little yoga  every day. I definitely need to find a yoga  place again or find out when they are doing it again in the park. 

We have tons of trees and branches to burn up from all my landscaping I've been doing to our yard. We  need to have a fire every night to start making a dent in getting rid of it all. 
Steve and I decided to take a quick walk on the path. I trimmed back a path through our yard to get down to the parks paved path. It was so over grown with dead branches hanging down and small vines and trees. Steve likes it over grown so no one will walk up the path but I just like to get down there with out tripping or getting smacked in the face by a branch. 
We wanted to see how high the water was. We've gotten so much rain it's flooding every where! 
I'd love to take the kayaks out on our pond out back. Might have to do that one of these days. It takes 2 people to carry them and I'll need help or we need to rig up some type of cart that rolls them. I don't like to have to depend on anyone to do something I want. 
It was a beautiful night for a quick walk and then back to our fire.. roasted marshmallows with the kids and off to bed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment