Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Should I be happy or Sad and its bitter sweet

I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad about two things for today?
1. I woke up to a very loud BOOM.. thunder and lightening with tons of ruin. I was sad we were not going to get in our Thursday bike ride. 
I was happy about being able to ride on the stationary bike for 30 minutes, 8 miles done all while reading a men's magazine. I'll read anything to keep my mind busy and my legs moving!
2. I am always a bit sad when I can't be outside getting fresh air while working out. 
I was happy to still have other options to get in some good calorie burning. Another 2 miles on the elliptical in 20 minutes. 

It's kind of bitter sweet.. We are saying goodbye to our 11 year old truck. Steve got a brand new truck back in January. We were kind of stalling selling his old one since nothing is wrong with it. We just don't want to keep around a truck no one is driving. 
We are happy to get a good price for the truck so its not all sad goodbyes. We celebrated with happy hour and dinner. 
Bacon cheese burger with onion rings and a side of spicy wings. It's a good thing I went to the pool again in the afternoon and did some laps.. The restaurant even split the burger and onion rings for us. I never eat the chicken skin on the wings. I'm picky like that. Plus, the skin holds all the fat, and I don't need it! A very good meal but high in calories. Good thing I had a plain sweet potato for lunch! 
As I was drying off, I got to read my new book "Just 10 Lbs". Not that it helped me when making my dinner choice. I speed read all these diet books. Pretty much I know what I need to do. Less calories in,  burn more calories will equal weight loss. 
I have a love-hate relationship with Pineapple. I love it but it wrecks my mouth. Too acidic and I end up having weird taste buds and my mouth starts burning. I can still eat a small amount but now I know to stop eating it. Less is best. Steve did get a cool new pineapple cutter. It makes perfect circles.. a spiral of pineapple. 
Logan drank all the juice left in the bottom of the pineapple. This would make a cute drinking glass for some tropical drink. 
I'm not sure how long it's going to rain, but my day must go on..






No comments:

Post a Comment