Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

I have a lot on my mind this morning..

I have a lot of random things running through my mind. Having time to think while working out gives me that time to let my mind wander.. but first I'll tell you all about my morning workout. You know that's the first thing I love to do every morning. Get it done and out of the way to start off my day on the right foot! 
It's Tuesday and I promised myself that I would alternate running with biking. I stick to my mountain bike because I'm kind of afraid of our road bikes tires. They easily go flat and I don't really don't want to be stuck miles from home trying to figure out how to fix a flat on my own. I know I need to get over this fear and I promise to work on that! It's silly, right? 
Steve's been hanging up my bike in the garage. It's a good thing I'm lifting weights every day because I need the arm strength to get my mountain bike down. It's pretty heavy. We just don't have enough room in our three car garage. I know.. too much junk and we really have no excuses to be storing so much other junk. 
It was a really nice morning for a bike ride. I rode up to the gym, did 30 minutes of strength training concentrating on my arms, chest and abs. 3 sets of each, with 10 reps for arms. I'm lifting heavier weights the first 2 sets and back down a little on the last. 30 minutes goes by pretty quickly by the time I finish all the weight exercises I want to do. I pretty much like to do the same things each day and vary only a little. I really should be mixing it up more. I always start with my abs and finish with them too. 
7 miles of biking.. Wish I had time to bike 20 this morning but I need to work too. I really have zero excuse not to bike this afternoon, other then I'm too lazy. I'll be working on that one too. 

Here is my random thoughts.. I have been really liking this Greek Yogurt in place of a nightly dish of ice cream. I don't think it has enough fruit. I wanted to get some strawberries to add in but for a weird reason the store didn't have any. I picked up raspberries instead which I think is a better option. Easy to mix in, no cutting up. Just wash and throw them in and mix. To be honest, I wish this came in a little bigger serving size. I'm always wanting another one right after.. adding the extra fruit should fill me up. 

I am not sure how many months I've been eating this breakfast, but I still love it. Which brings me to another random thought.. I've been hearing a lot about others doing weight loss cleanse or protein shakes, etc.. I'm not into eating non-food replacements. I'd rather eat real food then have a protein diet shake for lunch. I guess you have to do what works for you. I just don't have a desire to even try it. 
I need to give those mom's that run with their babies and little ones a lot of credit. I take care of my Grandson Evan every Monday. Babies are a lot of work and they tire you out. I completely understand why I didn't try workout while taking care of my three babies. Those mom's that run and take care of their baby.. are Super Mom's. I wish I would have learned in my 30's that taking care of you is just as important as taking care of little ones. It can be fun doing both. Evan loves to go for stroller rides and he also falls a sleep easily when it's moving. I just have to remember to get us out of the house and go for a walk every Monday that I have him all day long. Fresh air, getting fit is a win/win for both of us. 
The last bit of random-ness.. I love my popcorn. It's been my I'm hungry and just want to eat something and keep eating food. I do the air popped in the microwave and use some spray butter and Nacho seasoning. Its delicious and low calories. After reading about how bad the microwave popcorn is for you, (chemicals in the bag that leach into the popcorn) I've switched to a healthier choice. 
______________________________________________
What is a random thought your having? 

Do you have a silly fear? 

Any other low calorie foods to eat and eat? 





No comments:

Post a Comment