Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, June 9, 2014

More Energy some days...

I definitely have days where I have a lot more energy and others not so much. Sunday, I had a surge of energy with little down time other then to read my favorite Sunday news paper. 

Steve was busy grilling asparagus, chicken and shrimp for our family night dinner. 
I helped make the guacamole. I like adding extra hot spicy salsa on top. 

Look at this Cutie Pa-tootie little guy... Full of smiles and styling in his jeans.. He just wants to be big. No more baby laying down stuff. He just wants to sit up and look around. 
I had a really difficult run this morning. I know mowing the lawn and running a faster pace on Sunday had something to do with it. My knee was acting up a bit. I really wanted to stop, more because I felt tired.. wanting to walk instead of run.. but I kept running to the gym. 3.4 miles.. and that was all for today. I am not having one of those super energetic days... 


It was a run in the rain morning. Here's some of my tips to run in rain. 
1. Wear a hat to keep the rain out of your eyes. There is nothing worse then not being able to see where your going
2. Think of the rain cooling your body and keeping you from over heating. It feels especially good on a warm day. 
3. Jump in puddles 
Because I cut my run short only 3.4 miles today instead of 7.. I did more strength training at the gym. 25 minutes of arms, legs, chest and abs. I am going to start doing a lot more biking giving my running legs a little break and maybe some pool running if it warms up in the morning. 
__________________________________________

How was your weekend?

Any tips to run in the rain?




No comments:

Post a Comment