Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Mix it up Saturday!

I've been working extremely hard on these abs since last fall, the middle of October to be exact. My plan was to do a plank a day. I started off with 30 seconds and have worked my way up to 2 minutes and 30 seconds. I do 2 kinds of planks, one with bent arms and the other with straight. Both I do for 2 minutes and 30 seconds with a break in between. The break is as long as I need. Mostly, I just rest for a minute or less and go right into the next plank. 
At the gym at least 5 days a week I do another 10 minutes or less of ab exercises with 3 different pieces of equipment. What is left to do? Keep doing my ab workout every day. Plus I need to lose some body fat. I know this is what is holding me back from seeing that six pack or a one pack. It's time to make some different food choices to reach that goal of losing some pounds and bringing out those abs for summer! 
I'm only going to give up all white bread. I'll still eat my Multi-grain bread with chunky Skippy PB. I start off my daily exercise with a half slice. On weekends I go for a whole slice of bread to keep me from getting hungry. The key to keep working out is to make sure your not starving. That can really mess with your head and make you quit your workout.
I just wasn't in the mood to run. I biked to the gym instead. I wanted to get in a strength training workout. I concentrated on my upper body. I figure with all the biking, that was enough for my legs. After 25 minutes or so.. I biked home another 3.5 miles. 
I wanted to try running right after getting off the bike to see what brick legs would feel like after just biking 3.5 miles. Yep, they were weird feeling. Heavy but surprisingly I felt like running fast. I just ran around our block three times for 1 mile of running at a fairly fast pace. I did check out the Garmin but since I had been biking part of the beginning of the mile I am positive my running times were off but I'd say average an 8 minute mile pace. I was just running a mile so no need to save up my energy. 
After 43 minutes, I was hungry again. Time to fuel up before doing the last bike ride of my morning workout. I ate another full slice of bread with PB quickly and off to bike I rode. I just haven't wanted to eat on the go while riding, but I'm sure I'll need to try that eventually. 

No workers today on the closed road. These machines are huge so I just had to get a photo. It's not too often you get up close to these diggers. I think me and my bike could easily fit in that dirt bucket. 
This section of torn up road was some real mountain biking. I liked the rugged-ness of it and can't wait to go to the local park and do some trail bike rides. 
Off to finish my bike ride, 20 miles. 
The last run to see how my legs would feel were after 20 miles. I ran the .2 around our block fast and my legs felt pretty much the same as they did after 3.5miles. Right now I can practice brick workouts after only a 3 mile bike ride since it will feel the same on my legs as a longer ride. Good to know I don't have to bike that many miles to practice this transition workout. 

I was thinking about this watermelon on my bike ride home. I was really looking forward to eating some cold, crisp, juicy watermelon and that's exactly what I did the second I was done for the day. It never has tasted soooo good! 
Do you remember me saying I'd mow the back yard today? Well, I'm off to mow.. no time to rest because I'm off to burn more calories.. how many calories does mowing the lawn burn?
 About 285 for 45 minutes

After I'm done mowing.. this is how I'm spending my afternoon.. At the pool and I'll do a few laps to get in some exercise. Running around in the pool helps warm me up from the cool water. It really helps me get use to the water temperature fast. 
_____________________________________

What ways do you mix up your workout? 

How many miles do you bike before doing a brick run? 

What's the last fruit you ate? 





No comments:

Post a Comment