Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, June 2, 2014

I can run in the rain.. I really can

Faced with two options 1. run in the rain or 2. inside at the gym/cross ramp.. I took the light rain. I actually liked running in rain. I did have a back up plan.. If it started to thunder, Steve was to come get me in the car ASAP!  I do not want to be running if there is lightening or in hail. 
The only way to run in rain is to wear a hat with a visor. Without a hat, it would be really hard to see straight with rain in my eyes. The rain felt really good. It was pretty humid out and I get super sweaty regardless, might as well be rained on too. As I was running, I was thinking... wouldn't it be great to run a race through sprinklers. It would feel amazing on a hot sunny day. 
My running mile times are getting pretty consistent when I just run how I feel at an easy pace a 10:30 minute per mile average pace. I'm looking forward to being able to push myself and do a more challenging run when my knee is back 100% normal. Nice and easy for now.. I even wore my heart rate monitor. 

My little buddy is back. I get to spend the whole day with Evan. 

One happy little guy!
We found a bunch of baby stuff stored away. Glad we kept a few things.. Now Evan can enjoy Celina and Logan's baby toys too. 

I made a tomato tart last night. I really should have made my own crust but I bought a package one instead. It just didn't taste the same as homemade. I have some improvements to make on my next tart... Adding Parmesan cheese and more herbs. I completely forgot we have fresh basil I planted! Darn it!
Sunday family diner was pretty good. We tried some chicken sausage two different types of flavors.. I can't tell you which I liked better since they both were really tasty. Loved the pepper, onions and mushrooms too for a side dish and salad with Steve's homemade zesty dressing. A true summer meal. 
I'm going to go with the idea.. eat what I want Sunday. We had a delicious red velvet cake last night with fresh raspberries and vanilla ice cream. Not having desserts for a few days.. made this cake very delicious. Then again.. I love all cake! It's always delicious.

Kendra brought me a funny fitness gift from Florida, pickle pops. The kids wanted to try them last night..
 Surprisingly, Celina and Logan both said they weren't too bad. I wasn't brave enough to try frozen pickle pops. 
One last photo of cuteness.. Baby swinging.. He loved this!



No comments:

Post a Comment