Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Recharged with a 14 mile bike ride

It felt amazing... to go for a morning bike ride. I was super glad Steve wanted to bike this morning because I really needed the change from running. 
Part of our favorite dirt road was closed. We didn't care.. there was a ton of mud to roll the bikes through. It was kind of a mess. I'm not sure if more houses are going in or they are just working on the sewer system? They dug a massive hole where the road use to be. 
Our half way point is Starbucks. Steve drank a coffee, which is way too hot for me after biking. I need a cold glass of water. We split a ham and cheese sandwich and a cinnamon bun. 

Starbucks food is just so/so.. I didn't realize the sandwich had egg on it and I'm not crazy about that combo so I just ate the top with some ham and gave the rest to Steve. Looking at the calories before purchasing kind of takes away the desire to eat this stuff. Loaded with calories and doesn't fill you up!
It is a super nice morning. I love sitting outside eating and talking.. I could do this all morning, but its Tuesday and we do have to work at some point today. 
Off to bike home on another dirt road that's not closed. We try and race each other, but never get too far ahead. We are pretty evenly matched only because Steve's bike weights a ton compared to mine. He really could use a new mountain bike. 
14 mile bike ride loop.. I really felt like I could have done this same loop two times to get in a good workout similar to running. 
It will be fun to compare our average speed as the summer goes on. We decided every Tuesday and Thursday we will bike. The other days run/gym. Well, I'll be running to the gym Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Saturday & Sunday back to the hilly dirt road loop running this way I can take a break from lifting weights and get variety too! 
I probably should think about going to work for an hour. I'm going to try pool running with some lap swimming this afternoon. Plus, maybe play tennis and soccer with the kids. It's time to start moving more and spend less time on the couch relaxing! I think I'm having one of those high energy days. I like that a lot better then when I'm feeling over tired and drained! 

No comments:

Post a Comment