Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, June 20, 2014

Longest day- light.. Day of the year!

Did you want to know how I spent that longest day light Day? 
It started off early, running this dirt road for 4 miles, followed by a bike trip 7 miles to the store/coffee shop and home. 
If that wasn't enough exercise for the day, we decided to work out in the yard. 
Mulch for the yard was first on our todo list. 

We had to make two trips and each trip we filled the back of the old pick up truck. 

It was kind of nice to use it one last time before we said our goodbyes forever today. Steve can't be too sad, because he has a nice, new shiny Red Pick up to take it's place. 
Steve did all the mulch wheel barrow trips back. I just raked out the mulch under the deck. 
I just love it when everything is fresh again. We still have a ton of work in our over grown back yard... but we are making progress little by little. 

I'm not sure we still need the kids swings.. but I kind of think your never too old to swing. 
After doing all the mulch, I decided to mow the front yard. I'm saving the back big yard for tomorrow. We have the worst mower. The power drive went out and this thing weights a ton. I get a really good workout pushing it since it fights back. 
I was trimmer happy and got to work on all the weeds, branches and anything that needed to be chopped. Steve thinks I went a little too far in my trimming. He'd rather have our yard wild then tame. I'm looking for a happy medium in there some where. I have no idea of how many calories I burned. I probably spent about 3 or more hours of non-stop yard work. I was a sweaty mess but it felt good to get a lot accomplished and to be spending the day outside. 
I was extremely hungry and thirsty and cut open our first Watermelon of the summer. Why I waited so long to do this? I have no idea, it was delicious. I think I could have ate the whole thing myself. I was nice and shared the bowling ball sized watermelon. 
The day todo list was not over just yet! Steve power washed his motorcycle to get it all cleaned up. We had to take it in for new tires. Come to find out, we have to go back once the tires come into the repair shop. At least they are on order and his motorcycle will be ready to ride in less then a week. 
After the bank, Cub shopping for food and having Steve's brother/father over for dinner I'm exhausted. 
It's time to put these feet up and rest a bit. I won't be staying up a second past the sun set for the day.. 


No comments:

Post a Comment