Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, April 18, 2014

You know its Friday when..

Yes, you know it's a Friday when the gym is empty. I have to be honest this is why we like Fridays. Its nice to have a quiet day.. I think there was a total of 4 cars in the parking lot and two of those cars are employees. People did start trickling in, but not too many. 
I love the variety lately where I start off running on the Precore/Cross Ramp for 3 miles @ 30 minutes.
Steve was all for switching it up his workout today. We both biked for 15 minutes. His Stationary bike screwed up after he accidentally hit the timer instead of the resistance and he had no idea of how far he biked. I actually remembered to look at the mileage after my 15 minutes, level 12 hills. 4.15 miles..
No resting, off to run on the treadmill.. 6.0mph, level 3 (2.6% incline) for 15 minutes or 1.5 miles. I increased the speed to 6.5 for a few minutes when the incline was down to zero. It just felt too slow and harder then just running a little faster. I don't know why I care how fast people are running next to me. I do know, I'm the only one running hills. Everyone else does the zero % incline. They might be running a little faster, but I'm running bigger hills. 
We have been waiting since last fall for this Mexican Restaurant to open that's in the same mall as our gym. I suggested we go for a late lunch/happy hour. What a great idea. Loved the bar and the food was really good too. I was so hungry I forgot to take a photo of the beef/chicken chimichanga we shared. 
We will definitely be going back to this place. My only complaint is I love salsa and this was just so, so.. needs more spice and is pretty thin.. not chunks of tomatoes that I like. I really wanted a strawberry Margarita, but anytime I drink Tequila, my heart starts racing, and I get this weird feeling like my body has this sharp pain. Its so bad, I usually have to lay down for 30 minutes till it goes away and that wrecks my appetite because I can't eat anything after that. I pretty much experience this weird reaction after a few sips which makes me think I must have an allergy to Tequila. It's just not fun! 
I might be coming to the end of my daily breakfast. I have whole grain bread with chunky peanut butter with a bottle of water almost every morning. I think I'm over it.. Might need to find another breakfast or mix it up a bit more. I had a hard time getting this down this morning. I hope it's just temporary because I usually really like this.. 

 I'm so happy to finish my planks for the day. I'm trying to get Steve to do them every day with me too. He doesn't want a belly.. and this is the way to that 6 pack abs.. If only I could lose some fat then I could see some abs.. Maybe I'll post what I ate all day.. Might keep me away from the ice cream and hidden Easter candy??? 



No comments:

Post a Comment