Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Running Free.... with Inspector Gadget!

Steve told me I looked a bit like Inspector Gadget. I had so many layers of running equipment to put on before getting out the door to run. He was kind of questioning my reasons for all.. I have come to realize, you must run with what makes it feel better. I have it figured out at least for today. I have everything to make my run fun.
I just had that great free feeling running outdoors. After yesterday's death run inside this felt soooo good to be outside! Cool air, sunshine, birds flying around.. I felt so great running I tried picking up the pace for the first 3 miles to the gym. 
First 3 miles 9:37 minute mile, 8:51 minute mile and 8:37 minute mile. I tried to run each mile faster then the last and it wasn't easy running up a monster hill on that last mile. I took it easy coming home and just wanted to enjoy the day and being outside. I'm sure my feet could have lasted easily another 4 more miles but when I ran in the house, food was waiting for me. That always gets me. Too much cool down and I'm done running. 
I also still love reading the Sunday news paper. It's one of my favorite things to do. 
Finished my 7 miles for the day.. in 1 hour and 5 minutes (had to stop for the traffic light 2x's). It will be fun to compare my running times now that I have a really nice GPS.. I should look up last falls info. Just to see how I compare. I have this obsession with everything running. I never get sick of it.. 
We had a two burger day. This burger was delicious from Kings in a town of 400 peeps. Onions lettuce, mushrooms, bacon and cheese and a fresh bakery grilled bun. 


White Castle sliders which were just so, so. I'm not crazy about flavorless burgers that are soggy. They do have excellent fried onion pedals. I'd go back just for the onions. 
Wine tasting.in Cannon Falls Winery, just a flight of 6 samples. My favorite was the Lorraine White and the Gogo Red.  
After wine tasting, we did a little small town bar hopping. Steve drives by on his motorcycle and has always wanted to stop in. I have a feeling this summer when we go on more motorcycle rides we will be stopping back for a burger.

Happy Sunday.. Day 62 of my Bikini Challenge. Steve and I did our planks. Celina even joined in doing the last straight arm plank for 30 seconds. A family that workout together.. stays together. I keep telling the kids obesity runs in the family. Start good habits now and you'll be fit for life. You have an 80% chance of being obese if your parents are over weight. That's not good statistics on our side. I beat the odds, but each day I have to work on myself to stay fit. 


Weekly Summary:
Total miles = 43
Cross ramp miles = 18
Treadmill Miles = 18
Outside running miles = 7
6 Days of the Bikini challenge
7 days of 2 minute planks (straight & elbow)
Weights (abs, arms, legs) = 60 minutes total 

No comments:

Post a Comment