1. Cost - the races aren't cheap, what distance, what race to do?
2. Sleep, I will lay awake all night worrying for not only the night before the race but weeks leading up to it.
3. What to wear?
4. Worrying about the bike- will I get a flat tire
5. Worrying about the swim.. will I get grossed out from the lake
6. Worrying about the temperature of the lake.. will it be too cold?
7. Not knowing if I really need a wet suit, or what else I really need?
8. Not knowing if I should get bike shoes that clip on to the pedals
9. Not knowing if the bike route will be marked so I don't go off course
10. Not knowing what I should eat, drink during the race and before
The funny thing about my list is that I don't have any worries about my ability to swim, bike or run. That's the easy part. I know I can do all and in good time for my age. I just don't want to make the mistakes of not being prepared and of course fear of the unknown. It sure does help to read other bloggers play by play of their race.
I guess for me to feel comfortable with this tri idea, I really, really want a wet suit. I don't think the water is ever warm the minute you jump in. All these races take place at 8am and I don't see the water feeling great. I think the wet suit is the way to go. Rack up another cost..
I also am going to do a lot of road biking instead of just mountain biking. I hardly did any rides on the road bike last year for fear of getting a flat tire. That also can easily happen and it did 3 times. The tires are super skinny and thin. It really doesn't take much to get a flat.
This is how I'm going to get my butt out there and just do a tri this year. I need to register for it and then there is zero turning back. I need one early in the season because I have a feeling once I do one.. I'll be hooked! Just like running.. I know it will be so much fun.
Just thinking about this tri.. my stomach is all nervous.. ugh.. YIKES! I have that look of the unknown fear on my face.
I need a good saying to just get over this fear.. (and not just do it)..