Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, April 24, 2014

How you start the day, determines the rest of the day!

Our days don't always start with rainbows and sunshine or end with them either. You do choose how you start your day and that can set the mood for how the rest of you day will go! 
I saw a sign in a house that said "it's morning, here comes the stress". I don't know why anyone would want to start their day every morning thinking the day would just be filled with stress. Not a healthy outlook on life? Maybe time to change that? 
I choose to be positive and be thankful I'm able to get up every day and do what I love... go for a run. While I didn't always love getting up early and running. It's now become what I do love. It just makes the day that much better and it gives me the mind set it will be a good day no matter what is thrown at me. I know I can handle it. Running is my stress reliever, my time to think and reflect and work on improving me. Its my time to take care of my health and feel good about who I am. 
It might be easier to lay on the couch instead of moving, but the price your health pays for that choice has a huge impact on your quality of life. I know first hand as I sat on the couch not moving much for over 10 years. I gained weight, didn't feel good about myself and had no goals or hobbies to make me feel good. I don't want to be that person any more! I want to live a healthy long life, able to move. Obesity takes away the ability to move and it's a sad situation when it's hard to even walk. I had an 80% chance of being obese in my life time. My parents where both over weight which stacked the odds against me. It was not easy to and it still isn't easy to start my day with exercise but it determines how the rest of my day and life will be. 
Yesterday, I purchased some new flat walking shoes for around the house. I can't wear my running shoes all the time. They were cheap $14, black so won't show the dirt and slip on. Perfect!
Last night we made the most unhealthy dinner. Baked chicken with potato chips crushed on top. Logan's favorite so we knew he'd actually eat dinner instead of saying Yuck!

Beer batter onion rings and cheese curds. We limited eating this stuff to just a few each. This way it tasted extra good. 

Beer Batter Recipe: 
1 cup flour
1tsp baking powder
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Powder
Beer (add enough to make a semi-thick/thin batter)

Fry in hot peanut oil until golden brown!
It's a good thing all I ate for lunch was veggies, sweet potato and Brussels sprouts. 

I'm really looking forward to this afternoon. Its my massage day. Oh how I look forward to this every week. Also glad to be done running only 6 miles on the cross ramp today. The machine said I burned 700 calories in 60 minutes. I had a long 2 minutes left to run when I took the photo. 
The rain stopped me from running home. I determined just saying on the cross ramp for the hour was what I felt like doing for my workout. Every day there are new choices.. 
I'm hoping tomorrow I'll be able to get outside to run. I really love that the best. Time goes by so quickly.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment