Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, April 4, 2014

Run Spring Run...

Do you think Spring in Minnesota will be here anytime soon? 
From the looks of things this morning.. doubtful.. We got at least 6" of snow and its still coming down!
It's April... please we need green grass.. sunshine, warm weather, dry roads. I'm at least thankful it wasn't that bad on the roads to prevent us from going to the gym. We got in a warm up just shoveling the driveway. 
Running didn't feel that bad today considering we could have easily been snowed in.. The weather report was up to a foot of snow.. I really hope this is the last time I have to talk about snow. It's April after all! We should be done with this white stuff! 6 miles of running done.. wish I felt like doing more miles later on but I never do. Maybe this summer when its nice I'll want to run in the afternoons? 
Steve made the best Steak tenderloin last night on the stove top grill. Perfectly cooked and was delicious. I have a system of eating. I eat all my veggies and save the meat for last. I have no idea of why I do this.. 

I added a little Parmesan/asiago cheese on top of my potato with butter/salt/pepper. Delicious combo. 
I've been trying to start my meals with a salad.. getting in lots of veggies to fill me up. 
Steve made some coleslaw that I didn't really like. He wanted to try some new spices. 
This has to be my favorite fruit next to a banana. Cuties are just so juicy good and easy to peel. I could eat 20.. or just 2...  I want to try and get in more servings of fruit and veggies so maybe I can stop craving ice cream in the evening. 

I made some lemon bars this morning. I had some Meyer Lemons that had to be used up. No sense letting them go to waste. 

It was either bars or cookies. I like baking where it's easy and quick to make and because I love the lemon filling, I doubled that part. I think its going to be extra good. Might just have to sample them after they cool down. 
My advice for this April Friday... 
Just get out and run... 
Write down what makes you happy today.
Enjoy your life and don't let anyone tell you how to live it.. 
After-all, it's your life.. make the most out of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment