Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Every Step Counts..

My legs have not felt like running the past two days. I've been pushing though it. I skipped running on the treadmill in hopes that doing an hour of the cross ramp would give my legs the needed rest to feel like running. Today, nothing felt good. I just wanted to walk.. but I know every step counts and I work towards my 6 mile goal every day. 
I break up my workout into 2 sections, 3 miles at a time. I do this on my outdoor running miles to. It's just a lot easier to say I'm going 3 or 4 miles then I'm running 6 to 8 miles. It usually feels the hardest the first mile.. sometimes longer.. but at least 30 minutes in I'm feeling better and am into running. 
I think running outside will get me out of this every step is feeling really difficult stage. It's taking a lot and I mean a lot of effort to keep going. It probably seems like I have this issue a lot but I don't. I just like every day to feel great and go so quickly that I want to keep running... I don't like the days where I want the run to end and I'm checking every second on the clock. 
I ate way too much of this cinnamon coffee cake yesterday. I hate to admit we hardly have any left because that's how much I ate. I had it at every meal and for a snack. I just can't control myself and there are just those certain foods that I should never have around. This is definitely one of the foods that I have issues with controlled portions. 
I'm missing this fun little guy already. We had such a good time yesterday. He is just learning so much and its so fun to see that progress. What I am excited about..? I get to spend 5 whole days in Washington DC with Kendra and Evan. Evan and I will tour the city while his mom is at a work conference. We are staying 1 mile from the Mall and 2 miles from the Zoo. All will be within walking distance so we definitely are going to get some exercise. I haven't been back to DC in .. about 20 years. I was born in DC and have never seen the cherry trees in bloom and I hope there are some blooms left. 

I finally finished the 2nd book in the Divergent series, Insurgent last night. Now what to read? Is there a 3rd book? I'm not super crazy about this type of story.. but it's something to read and I need another book to read before bed. I'd better go find something before my trip. Reading before bed always makes me tired. I have a hard time falling asleep if I don't read so reading a book before bed is a must! 


No comments:

Post a Comment