Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Trial Dualathalon

My trial dualathalon (run 2 (I did 3 miles), bike 10, run 3) went really, really good this morning. I have to admit, it did take me a while to get out the door. Staying up till midnight talking and having some wine with neighbors was not the best decision, but all was good as I got to sleep in, stretch, do my planks 2x's and decide if I was going to run outside or do it all in the gym. 
I was going to run outside, but when I noticed how windy and cold it seemed.. 40's. I changed my mind and decided to just do it all indoors. This way I didn't have to load myself up with equipment, (heart rate monitor, watch, cell phone belt). It just felt like that would take a lot more effort on my part to run outside. 
First was running on the treadmill... It starts off where you run 2 miles. I decided to run 3 miles at 6.0mph (a 10 minute mile pace) Level 3 (2.9% incline) random hills for 30 minutes. 

No time to rest. I wanted to do the bike portion which would be 10 miles ASAP after I stopped running. I chose the hill program, level 14.. then dropped it to level 13 and kept the speed up to 90-100rpm the entire 10 miles. I finished in 30 minutes! I was dripping with sweat.
I wanted to see if my legs would feel weird coming off biking for 10 miles and going right into running. They did feel a bit off.. It's hard to describe, but it wasn't exactly like brick legs. I just started off semi slow and increased my speed up to a 5.5 mile pace (slow)with random hills to 1.5% incline..  I just stayed at that pace because I really didn't feel like running at all. I was not overly tired, but I just didn't feel like running more. 3 miles of running done in 30 minutes. Was I glad to be done even at an easy pace! I probably should have stayed to lift some weights after I finished, but there were too many people all over the gym. I really dislike having to work around people. 
I was super hungry after all that. My 2nd breakfast of the day. I had 2 slices of white bread with jelly before the workout. We were out of my favorite whole wheat bread, so I had to make due. Thankfully, my favorite b-fast once again tasted really good! 
I really pushed myself hard on the bike portion and kept it easy on the running for the most part. Instead of going fast, I wanted to do hills. I think that will help me go faster working those hills and not worrying so much about increasing my speed. That will come.. I'm hoping Sunday is really nice because I'd love to do a trial dualthalon outside tomorrow.. The road is the true test!
It feels like power nap time.. I'll give myself 30 minutes to recover with some Zzzz's. 



No comments:

Post a Comment