Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

8 Running outside miles..

It felt super great to be outside running in my new tank top and using that running belt for my cell phone. Our first almost 70*F day spring day. 
I took the super hilly 4  mile loop that I loved to run last year. This was the first time out and the hills were killer! I did feel pretty good the first 4 miles..(dirt to pavement) 8.57 was my average pace for the 4 miles. I finished in 36 minutes. 
I took a short water break and then went out to do the next 4 miles in reverse. I call it pavement to dirt. It feels like a new running route if I switch directions. I decided this would be my run any pace miles. I just wanted to enjoy running outside. 
You can tell by my times.. much slower the 2nd 4 mile loop 43 minutes. Average pace 10:43.  I was running into the wind the entire time which made it that much harder with those killer hills. 

It felt really great to just sit outside, cool off and drink my water. My legs felt dead after the 8 miles. 
It's going to take some time before I'm back to where I left off with running in the fall. I was going more for endurance then speed. I kind of like doing a little speed work mixed in with adding more miles. 
This was good for a start for testing my running. I have all spring, summer and fall to work up to doing more and feeling good about my running. It's just going to take awhile before I'm faster and can run farther without ending up super tired. Must be all the fresh air?

It's time to sit back, put my feet up and enjoy my new book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment