Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Is a 9 minute mile considered Speedy?

Today is the day.. I wanted to run home from the gym. Not too cold 39*F and it does get light out before I run for home. I started off with 30 minutes on the cross ramp for 3 easy miles. 
Then off I ran.. through the park and home.. I was trying to speed up and keep my pace around 9 minutes. 

The first mile was my fastest 8 minutes and 44 second mile. I slowed down a bit due to some hills 9:14 2nd mile, and then my slowest mile because I had to wait 2 minutes for the traffic light 11:04 and the last .41 mile.. 8:30 pace. It would have been nice to not have to stop for that traffic light because I really tried to run a bit faster today and keep up a good pace. I'm not any where near keeping my pace at 8 minutes or under for the entire run unless I am racing. 
Can you tell from my heart rate where I stopped running? It sure does drop off fast! That was the stop sign... a long, long wait! 
I'm back to wearing BRIGHT colors when I run. I want to make sure cars see me. 
It was cool out for my run, but I was still a sweaty mess. It takes a while to cool down and I end up dripping sweat all over if I don't say outside long enough. 
6.41  miles done and the last 3.41 miles done in a moving pace of 30:56. 


No comments:

Post a Comment