Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, April 25, 2014

TGI.. Friday!

I am super happy its finally FRIDAY! It means tomorrow I will be in Washington DC for a few days. I can not wait! First I must workout today.. and it's Friday so that means hardly anyone in the gym. Which I'm starting to like! 
The kids didn't even have school today and that means we had the chance to sleep in if we wanted. Well, you know how that works. We are so use to getting up early, its not wonder we couldn't sleep in.. up and off to the gym.. EARLY!
30 minutes = 3 miles on the cross ramp. I talked Steve into biking with me.. I will get plenty of walking/running in the next few days so biking sounded really good! 

I was the one messing up the stationary bike setting. Half way through my workout, I bumped something and then my miles were off and it said something about being in bike mode and not doing RPM's.. I have no idea but I kept biking hills for 30 minutes and I'm guessing it was 10 miles since that's what I biked before. 
I actually had time to lift weights. I always do my 5 minutes of abs, and now I could do legs and arms. I'm completely out of the habit of lifting weights and it was a challenge wanting to do more. That really needs to change as I know the more muscle I build, the more calories I burn. I definitely need to get rid of fat and build more muscle to lose a few pounds.
I have a new goal.. Starting when I get back on Thursday from my DC trip, I'm going to start working on my diet. Cut calories and up the workouts to burn more and lose 10 pounds for summer. I've got some tennis to play, mountain biking and more miles to run. Eat more fruit and veggies and really limit the sugar and watch portion size. A good plan and a must do! 
A photo of Logan's 5th grade band concert, from last night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment