Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Sore, Tired Leggies.

Running indoors on a treadmill and cross ramp Does Not transfer the same to running outdoors. It's 100x's more difficult to move yourself forward on pavement. I feel sore, tired and had a really rough time moving this morning. 
I collapsed on the couch yesterday after running and laid there for a few hours. It was painful just walking after running those eight miles. It's part my fault since I did zero stretching before and after running. A huge mistake I will not make again. 
Now that my morning indoor running of 6 miles is done, I'm feeling so much better. I believe it's true, when your sore it's best to just move and not take a rest day because you'll feel so much better moving then sitting around. I did a lot of stretching this morning just to be able to move. Nothing feels better then stretching out super sore muscles. 
I really wanted to start some weight-loss yesterday but I ended up eating all the calories back that I burned from running and working yesterday. I had a whopping 800 from running and another 500 working to use up = 1300 extra food calories. I should have taken photos of what I ate on Thurday.. 

Here's the food recap: 
B-fast - 2 wheat bread with chunky PB = 350 cal
lunch - 2 wheat bread with chunky PB = 350 cal
snack - microwave popcorn -the whole bag
             1 cheese stick = 100 cal
              4 small bananas = 400 cal
dinner- steak tenderloin 4 oz = 600 cal? 
            baked potato = 200 cal
            humas and pita chips = 300 cal
after dinner snack - I raided our candy jars and found 6 tootsie rolls and one mini chocolate bar.  = 200 cal
Lots and lots and lots of water, all day long.

Wow.. good thing I run.. maybe there was no weight loss, but I'm not gaining either. 
Because it's going to be another really nice spring day. I'm getting the bike out. My plan is to ride 7 to 10  miles along the dirt roads. Nice and easy and give myself a rest from running. Too much too soon is not a good thing.. 
I love charting just about anything. This is my Bikini Challenge spreadsheet. Looks like I still have today to finish up.. This spread sheet is a great way to keep me motivated. I love filling in the blank spaces.. It's kind of sad seeing blank days. 


No comments:

Post a Comment