Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, April 12, 2014

I'm addicted..

I'm completely addicted to delicious Mexican food. This is how I lost 50 pounds.. eating tons of spicy salsa and rice. I didn't add all the salsa since you would not be able to see anything other then fresh salsa topping my plate. 
I was really going to go run outside this Saturday morning. The weather just didn't cooperate with me. I got as far as opening the garage door and taking one step out.. only to turn around. It was still raining and dark where it looked like it was only going to get worse. 
I suppose I could have gone back in and put on a rain jacket but I wanted to run in only a tank top. Off to the gym.. my back up plan. I always like seeing my gym friends. I had 30 minutes of catching up on each other's lives while we all ran on the cross ramp. I had to leave the women after 30 minutes to do my treadmill run. 
Once I press those buttons on the treadmill there is no turning back. It's an auto program for random hills and I choose the level and time. Today was level 3 (2.6% incline) at 6.0mph for 27 minutes and the last 3 minutes at 6.5mph. 3 miles done and 6 miles total this morning. You have no idea of how often I wanted to just stop and walk. The time just dragged on and it seemed like the treadmill had it in for me with extra amount of hills with no breaks of less incline. I kept going knowing it was only 3 miles. I always surprise myself when I want to run faster. I figure, I can hold out 3 minutes at a faster pace even with hills since I can be done for the day. 
I'm not even done running for the day. I will have to run 2 miles outside at noon with my kids. I'll have another post on that later.

___________________________________________________

What are you addicted to? 

What are your Saturday plans? 

How many miles are you running, biking or walking today? 




No comments:

Post a Comment