Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Death Run...

At least it felt like a death run... pretty awful. It's my own fault I had a bad 6 miles this morning. It started off last night with 1 glass of wine, not enough drinking water during the night, sleeping in past 7am, and not getting my daily caffeine dose till I had a nice start of a headache. The headache just never went away and I'm still thinking of taking Excedrin to get rid of it... I should know better to do this to myself. 
My 2 minutes planks felt awful, even Steve agreed it was tough this morning. My day 61 of the bikini challenge was okay.. no complaints there.., but I could not wait to get off that darn treadmill today. The count down was L o n g.. My trick was to run faster to just hit 3 miles and be done. Still running at level 3 up to a 2.9% incline, rolling hills.. up and down... but hardly ever at zero percent incline which is fine by me.. 
Weekends I always eat more before I run. Usually it's a half a slice of whole grain wheat bread w/chunky Peanut butter.  Weekends since I'm getting up later and want to last the whole time without starving I eat a whole slice of bread.. I just had to make some blue berry muffins before heading out to the gym.. Kind of was waiting to see if that headache would go away... while waiting I ate a banana and then had a hot just out of the oven muffin with butter. Super good.. but I sure didn't need to eat all that before running. Many, many running mistakes today.. 
While doing my challenge I noticed my calf muscle.. That's all from running.. kind of looks bruised, but it's just the lighting. Wish my buns would tone up just like my calves. It's just not fair.. then again.. we all know how life just is Not fair. 
This is exactly what I needed today.. My new fitness magazine.. and some Zen... think I might just try and meditate, it looks pretty peaceful with some more after workout yoga to feel much better the rest of the day. 
Sunday I'm going to stop being such a baby about getting outside and running. It was 26*F this morning but sunny. I could have totally ran outside but thoughts of ice on my route and the morning chill made me think twice about that idea. Not on Sunday.. I checked the weather and I have zero reasons to not run to the gym. I think it's time for a change.. I don't want to have any more run that feel like a death run.. Time to Run Spring! 

No comments:

Post a Comment