What if I stopped.. complaining about my food issues? Far too many times I've been on this cycle of poor eating. Every morning I start off thinking that I need to eat healthy. Only veggies and fruit, good food choices. I just quit throughout the day. I work so hard to burn calories by doing all this cardio and I blow it on crap foods and eating far too many calories to lose a few pounds. I know if I don't lose these few pounds it will keep adding up and I'll be right back to gaining it all back. I can't let that happen.
I'm doing all the suggestions that I've read about.
1. Drink lots of water throughout the day.
2. Don't drink your calories. (mostly with the exception of a glass of wine once in a while).
3. Write down what you eat and the time.
4. Have healthy foods available. (need to pre-make more healthy lunches/snacks)
5. Don't buy the crap food.. keep it at the store. (still working on this)
6. Know my difficult times of the day when I'm likely to eat crap foods. (afternoons)
7. Substitute unhealthy choices for healthy alternatives. (instead of nightly ice cream I'm having Greek yogurt with frozen raspberries
8. Get plenty of rest.. If I don't sleep well at night, I'll take a nap
9. Distract myself from eating. Get up and move, clean, bike, read or I go to bed early.
10. Do some yoga to relax.. and re-think..
What if I could just give up crap foods for just one day? It shouldn't be that hard to only eat healthy today? I'm going to do one day at a time.. just think about today and not tomorrow.. Think about this meal, this snack and pre-think my foods to make healthy choices.
What's your "What if.....?"