Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

I just can't seem to keep going.

Running was impossible for me and I just couldn't do it. Ice on the pavement prevented me from running outside in the early morning. I had no choice, but to go to the gym. All the cross ramps were being used and the only option was to run on the treadmill. My legs just do not like the treadmill. Just running one mile was difficult and after that mile, I stopped and walked. Ran again for a mile and quit. Thankfully, the cross ramp was freed up to use. My legs still didn't want to move, but I made them for another 3 miles. I never did finish that last mile.. it was just too tough and I couldn't keep going. It was one of those days..
My Fitbit doesn't register the stationary biking as exercise for my # of steps. Biking was out for my cardio option. Instead, in the afternoon we took our bikes out for a 1.5 mile ride in the warm 65*F March temperature. 
Steve got to try out his new mountain bike. That was after a lot of fiddling with inflating the tires. Why do they have to make the new bikes so difficult to just pump up the tires? 
It felt good to take a spin around. I would have liked going for a long ride but the roads/path was covered with water from the melting snow. It's just not fun getting water sprayed up your back. We weren't exactly dressed for biking. It was more of a leisure tool around the neighborhood ride. 
I have some serious biking planned for this morning. I'm going to try out that 10 mile loop, down the dirt road and around back to home. Being so early in the season and with the warming up temperatures, I'm not really sure how to dress to stay warm enough but not over heat. I just need to get out the door and figure it all out. It's going to be a nice day and I want to be able to keep going.. I just can tell its one of those days again where I just can't seem to move.. Its taking all my effort to just get going and stay moving. I just want it to be easy again to move. 

I did get my St. Patty Day, Get Lucky racing clothes ready for my 7K race this Saturday. I bought a light green tank to go under my Lucky T-shirt, hair clips and a hair tie. That's about all the green I'm wearing. I tried to find green knee-hi socks without any luck. Might have to go in search at another store.

No comments:

Post a Comment