Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

St Patty and habits that need some tweaking!

Happy St. Patty day to everyone, not just the Irish! 
There are a few of my health and fitness habits that need some minor and major changes. 
1. Taking rest days. I've been doing this a little more then normal lately and that's okay.. you should take a rest day every week. I just have a hard time with it. 
 It was my Monday with Evan and instead of going to run early in the morning, I skipped it and took a rest day. Instead of my running, we took a walk outside. 

2. Improve my food choices. I have to start planning my meals and snacks by writing out what we will have for dinner. Pre-planning is key to staying on track!

A pre-dinner salad. A good way to start a meal by getting in some veggies. 

3. Going back to squats and lunges before I run. Evan is a pro at squats. I need to prepare my legs before I run and warm up with 50 squats and 30 lunges down the driveway. 
4. More trail running to get use to running on uneven surfaces. It makes me a stronger runner. 

5. Do a lot more biking even when its chilly out there. I just need to dress for it. Biking strengthens my legs and I need/want to sign up for a Dualathalon this year! 
6. Stop following the rainbow of sugar treats. I reach for far too many poor food choices in the afternoons. I need to start making plans for healthy snacks. 

What are some habits that you need tweaking?

Any St. Patty Day plans? 

No comments:

Post a Comment