Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Running socks are so important!

Running socks are my issue. I tried the moisture wicking "Running socks" and you know what? They hurt my feet. I think the fabric is just too rough against my skin. 
A perfect outside running day to test out my sock theory. I like how you don't have to match your socks any more. Good old cotton ankle socks, nothing special about them and cheap! $3 for 6 pairs. 
I can't go barefoot so I need to figure out this sock thing! 
My moisture wicking socks by mile 6 are rubbing away my skin on the bottom of my feet and the tops, anywhere sock and shoe rub. My cheap cotton socks didn't bother me at all today while running 6 miles. I'm sold. No more $15 dollar pair of special running socks for me. I'm sticking to cotton! 
Even though I'm happy to be running outside, with the time change today I had a hard time getting out the front door. I sure do stall. It's true, getting out the front door is the hardest part, once your out, there is nothing else to do but run. 
My running times were a lot slower today then yesterday. I'm using the excuse that I'm still recovering from being sick all last week. Taking it easy. Plus, this is my hill training run. One monster hill and a bunch of little hills. My fitbit said I ran up 38 flights of stairs during my 6 mile run. 
Logan made all by himself, Raspberry macaroons. They turned out perfect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment