Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, March 13, 2015

Which running shoe?

I'm having a love - hate with my running shoes. I was convinced that I loved my Brooks running shoes and wasn't really liking the new Adidas boosts. 

I did what any normal runner would do.. Run one mile with my brooks and then switch to Adidas the next mile.  You know what I found out? My Brooks are like running on cardboard. I'm sold on my new Adidas running shoes! They felt like running on pillows after the mile in my Brooks. It took one quick mile to figure that out! 
I'm still not loving the hard plastic on the sides and top of this shoe where the laces loop through. Its probably for shoe support but its far too ridged. It actually hurts my foot in a few places and I'm not loving that. What can I do.. I think the cush is exactly what I need to run. Nothing is ever perfect. 
It's still icy in the early mornings so I have to go extra slow in a few places along the path. Pretty much taking small, very slow baby steps to prevent falling. It was just nice to be back out running and getting some fresh air. I never did make up the miles or bike yesterday afternoon. I needed a NAP!
All that fresh air makes me tired. Not to mention.. I'm still not 100% from cold symptoms. Still dealing with a cough and runny nose. Fun.. NOT! 
All Ready for tomorrows 7K race. We picked up Celina's packet last night and now we are set! It's just a fun run so going slow and probably doing some walking so Celina will be able to finish it and have fun. 



No comments:

Post a Comment