Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Speed didn't kill me.

Soccer = Speed running didn't kill me last night even dealing with a lingering cold. I do have battle wounds, a skinned up knee. I fell over like a tree...with a thump and an after bounce. It does not feel good to fall. Note to self, wear pants that cover the knees. 
My knee really isn't that scraped up. I'm just being a baby about getting a soccer injury. 

I wasn't sure if I was ready to run after dealing with a virus the last week and still dealing with the after cold. I'm still coughing and have a runny nose and a bit of a sinus infection still lingering. I was more thirsty then anything else during the game, but did take it semi easy since I'm still recovering and dealing with a cold. 

It's going to be my first day doing my normal 6 miles of running this morning since I got sick over a week ago. I'm going on day 8? But who's counting? 
I hope the weather forecast is correct and we will have a warm up this weekend. I'm tired of bundling up and not being able to run outdoors. I have a race in 2 weeks and I need to run outdoors to get my legs use to pavement. Plus, I really want to try out my new running shoes on pavement to see if they are comfortable to run 6+ miles with out any rubbing or sore feet issues. 
I was curious to see what determines if your fit? I of course used Google. Here's what I found.. 

1. If you can hold a plank for 2 minutes. (yes)
2. If you can run 2 miles in under 17 minutes (yes)
3. If your heart rate recovers quickly after a cardio workout (yes)
4. If your resting pulse is low (yes)
5. If you can do regular guy push ups (5 to 10) (yes)
6. If you can do at least 5 pull ups. (well...no, not even 1)
7. If your BMI is in the athletic or healthy range for your height/weight. (yes)

That's my condensed version. I'm sure there are a few more fitness tests but this is my list. 

I need to work on #6. That's my new goal. To be able to do 5 or at least 1 pull up. Every day at the gym I'm going to attempt a pull up. There is a cheater way to get you to doing a full pull up with adjusting your weight. I'll be doing this system until I can do one with my own body weight. It's going to be on my daily to do list. 





No comments:

Post a Comment