Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

A Chilly Start

I took my morning St. Patty Day running back out to the trails.  It was a very chilly start and I did question why I didn't just go to the gym for the first mile. 
It sure helps when the sun is out to keep me warm. I just picked up my speed when I was on the shaded part of the path. 
I have no idea of what is going on with my Garmin. I just don't have it figured out. It has a mind of it's own and just won't tell me my speed. I hate stopping to fiddle with it so I just keep running. 
Time really goes a lot faster when running trails. I lost all my leg fitness from last fall by running outside all the time. Its tough going building back up my running leg strength. 
I have to run three times around the two lakes to get in my 6+ miles. I just switch directions on mile 2 going the opposite way for variety. 
All that switching direction, up and down, twists and turns on the uneven paths, make my legs feel tired and a bit sore. 
Slow and steady times.. I have plenty of time to build up speed on these trails. 

No comments:

Post a Comment