Running give you a lot of time to think.. with snow on the way this morning, it's hard not to be envious of those that were able to travel to some where warm over Spring break. We will go somewhere but not now. We are making the most out of our Stay-home Spring break Vacation. I have activities planned and of course nothing planned some days. No need to fill every minute doing something for the sake of being busy.It might be white out there in a bit and I have yet to run. No one ever said once you start running and have been doing it for.. humm.. 4 years that it would be a breeze to want to run. I do want to run, but I do want to delay it for a bit. It's going to be cold out there and that's the delay.
What do I do to prepare myself to run in the cold temps?
1. Do warm up exercises; Squats, lunges and planks to get me warm and ready to step outside to "cool off".
2. dress in layers, because I will shed them after mile 1
3. Run close to home so if it really is too cold and I am frozen, I can stop and warm up and just go to the gym.
4. Go to the gym and avoid outside running. Rather not!
5. Get off the couch and just do it.. go run! Stop thinking and start doing!
Morning exercises are done.. Planks 1:30/1:30 bent arms, 1:30/1:30 straight arm planks, 3 minute superman, 2 minute bridge, 20 Russian twists, 30 tricep dips and 30 sec right side plank, 30 sec left side plank. That's it.. Not much but it's my keep my abs fit workout.. short and simple every day.. Monday-Sunday! I do need to add more because my workout isn't as difficult as it use to be.
I really hope I have figured out my Garmin enough to get it to read my pace. I got out the DVD instructions. I'm challenged when it comes to these gadgets with multiple options to change. This one has a lot! I won't know if its fixed until I run. Keeping my fingers crossed.. I really like to know my running mile pace!
I do need to go to the gym just one more time this week.. Today! A must to lift weights just 30 minutes! Making my total of 3x's this week.