Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Lace up those running shoes!

I just was reading how runners like to lace up their running shoes all different ways then the norm. 
I have high arches and that top of my foot bone usually rubs right where the laces cross. Not the best place to be rubbing for comfort. I saw a photo of running shoes being laced up this way, where you skip over the middle of the shoe. It couldn't hurt to try this lace up and see how it feels. You know what? I liked it. I usually struggle with my laces to get them not too tight, but just right. I didn't have to mess around with straightening the tongue of the shoe and fiddling around with the laces. It might look a bit strange to skip the middle laces, but then all runners do things a bit strange. I walked in my shoes for an hour, I did not run, so the true test has yet to take place, but so far so good. 

I wanted to find other ways runners lace up, so I did a Google search and this is what I found out at Runners World. Depending on your foot issue there is a lace up technique for you. 
www.runnersworld.com/running-tips/custom-tie-your-running-shoes?page=1


I'm hoping the new lace technique works on my new Adidas Energy Boost 2 running shoe,  because I really want to like them. They are listed as one of the best new running shoes of 2015. 

No comments:

Post a Comment