Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Go Faster.. Why not good job?

Okay Fitbit, I just ran 8 miles at a 10 something minute mile and you are telling me I need to go "faster" after my run. I am just going to ignore that message. I would have liked a good job, now go take a break. 
A break is exactly what I'm going to do! Sit and relax until I decide to go to work this Saturday. I have an hour of work to do before Monday at noon. I figure, why think about it all weekend, when I can just get it done and be DONE, instead of thinking about working for the next two days. 

Cycle #2 of my 1/2 marathon training plan. It's my own plan, nothing special just making sure I do at least one longer run a week this is Week #1, back to the low 8 miles then increase my long run the following weeks by two more miles. The longest run I'm planning to do is going to be 12 miles. No need to do 13.2 until race day in August. 
Zoey was more then happy to sit outside with me after my run. We took her to the vet last week and she now weights 31 pounds. 

On Friday I talked to a 70 year old woman that was going to be running her first marathon in October in DC. Of course when I meet another runner, I have a million questions for them all about running. We mostly talked about running shoes and feet issues. That's why I can not run a full marathon my feet start killing me after mile 10. She did suggest I get new running shoes and tie them tight at the top but keep the laces not so tight every where else. Plus, prop my foot up to make sure the heal is all the way down before tying my laces. I suppose she is right, after all she is 70 and has been running for years. I need to listen and first things first, get new running shoes. Back to what use to work the best, Brooks Glycerin and then start tying my laces tight with the heal of my foot way back to prevent foot/toe friction while I run. 
Yes, our grass is getting crazy long. Don't worry, its on my todo list. We've been without a mower since our new electric mower's battery decided to quit working. We are getting a new battery and should be up and running the mower the first week of June. I'm not sure we can wait that much longer to mow so we are borrowing a lawn mower to use this weekend. 
We are staying in town due to all the rain and cooler temperatures. No need to go to the lake, if we can't enjoy the water. 

No comments:

Post a Comment