Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, May 16, 2016

Creepy Crawlies

I have the creepy crawlies after finding a wood tick on my neck. Now I'm always feeling my head to make sure that I don't have any more ticks hanging on from our hike Sunday afternoon. 
Logan had yet another early morning soccer game. Too early for me to get in a run so I had to skip it. Turned out okay to not run because we ended up going for an almost 4 mile hike at a new park. 
In the winter I cross country skied around this park and thought it was too short for the number of miles compared to my favorite skiing place. I completely forgot that this route was not directly around the lake but around out and really long for a walk around the lake. It was double the miles I thought it would be. I would like to run this trail at some point since it is only 3.66 miles but walking it took over an hour. I had to pee half way thought my walk and I could not get back to the shelter/restrooms fast enough. Maybe that's why this walk/hike went on Forever! 
The trail was pretty popular for hiking. There was quite a few people out and about which made it feel safer if I'm going to go out there alone. I'll probably try and get Celina or Steve to run with me instead of going it alone. It's pretty far out in the country and lots of land/woods all around. You just never know and I'd rather be safe then sorry. 
Considering how long of a walk/hike we took, Zoey did great. I brought water and treats so we stopped a few times to let her rest and get a drink with some treats. The longest walk she's been on so far was 2 miles and this pretty much doubled her walk time/miles. She is getting strong so it's more like she is taking us for a walk. 
By the time we got over half way on this trail, she stopped pulling and was walking a lot better. She still likes to do the Springer zig, zag walking back and forth. I need a new leash to keep her at my side and not cross over in front of me all the time. Running with me won't be possible if she doesn't learn to walk in a straight line. 
So far we only found one tiny deer tick crawling on Zoey and one regular wood tick on me. Lets hope we got them all. I still feel crawly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment