Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

A lot of Thunder with my morning run

It's not what I want to hear (Thunder) and I definitely do not want to see lightening while I'm out running. I never did see any lightening but Steve called the second I ran inside to let me know he did see lightening on his way to work. I heard constant thunder on my 3rd loop around the neighborhood. At first it sounded like an airplane but it just never quit.
Oh well, 4.33 miles done, which is better then nothing. I'm pretty sure I would have been done running 6 miles if Logan had not missed the bus and I didn't have to drive him to school.  
After two days of not running, I wanted to run at least six miles. I'm not going to the gym to finish up two miles. I'm hoping after working an hour today, the weather will have cleared up and I can run those two miles or I'll just bike. 
I have a lot of catching up to do around the house. There is organizing to do, laundry waiting and the kids rooms to straighten up and the list goes on of all I neglect to do. 
Tuesday morning we had a funeral to attend. Steve and I hardly dress up so we figured better take a photo since I attempted to curl my hair and I did a center part to mix things up once again. 
I had no idea of what to wear so I just pulled something out of my closet from a few years ago. Good thing it still fits! 
Since Steve and I had the rest of the day off from working. I convinced him that it would be more fun to go jet skiing on the St. Croix river then to go for a motorcycle ride. I was right! Perfect 85+F and the water was around 78*F and felt wonderful. 
Of course I only dipped my toes into the water and that was good enough. 
We both wanted to do a little fishing. A few years ago we started fishing in this very spot and caught a bunch of crappies. After we had a beer batter fish fry and I remember it being the best tasting fish. I wanted to do that again so I was hoping we'd catch something. Steve caught two small, small mouth bass. He let the first one go thinking I was not serious about eating fish for dinner. I caught a pretty good size striped bass and then he caught one more. Good enough for a small dinner for Celina and I. She wanted baked fish so I used butter, garlic, onion with salt and pepper. Pretty tasty! I suppose it would have been nice to take a photo of the fish. Next time when I make them beer battered. 
We had a really nice and quiet time out on the river. It's best during the week when not many boaters are out there. This Island is usually jam packed on the weekend. 
It's defiantly the start of Summer 2016! We've already checked off a lot from our want to do this summer list. 
Kayak on the Mississippi river (done)
Jet ski on the St. Croix river (done)
Picnic (done)

Camping 
Duluth
Grand Marais
Colorado (Maybe ?)
South Dakota (Maybe ?)
Mountain biking through the woods (done)
Hike, Run, bike, soccer etc.. (done)
Brainard, Gull lake
Running races, 1/2 marathon
ETC... 
I think Zoey is trying to say sorry.. 
for this...
I have to give her a pass, because this is the first thing she has ever chewed up. The cord to my lamp. Probably my fault because it was unplugged and she might have thought it was a stick or something like that. 
I have to save the relaxing for later, I have to get to work. Have a super Wednesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment